8. Carpeting and wooden floors

    It is a condition of your lease that floors must be carpeted with an underlay in all rooms with the exception of the kitchen and bathroom to minimise noise and disturbance. Wooden flooring is not allowed under the terms of the lease for Du Cane Court. Flats found to have this flooring will be asked to rectify this as breach of lease and it can also affect the sale of your property.

Download the full Du Cane Court Guide for owners and tenants October 2015

7. Nuisance and noise

    a) It is important to remember the need for co-operation with other residents. For this reason leases impose various restrictions. The most common form of nuisance is noise, and residents are asked to ensure that the level of any noise caused by them is not audible outside the flat. It should be borne in mind that sound carries through the building more easily at night and in hot weather when windows are
    o Always ensure that the level of any noise is not audible outside your flat.
    o It is a condition of the lease that floors must be carpeted with underlay in all
    rooms except the kitchen and bathroom to minimise noise disturbance.
    o Please be aware that door slamming and heaving thuds on your floor and the
    moving of furniture around your flat can also cause a disturbance,
    o Avoid noisy housework like vacuuming late at night or early in the morning.
    o Please refrain late at night from standing outside other resident’s windows or within the corridors chatting with friends or talking on your mobiles as this can cause a disturbance to other residents.
    o Please be aware if undertaking any DIY works to your flat that in order to minimise the disturbance to other residents that the works must be carried out between 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 8.30 – 1pm on Saturday. Sunday & Bank Holiday work is not permitted. Please also ensure that you have read the section on repair works within flats in conjuction with this.

Please ensure that if you are undertaking works of a noisy nature that you notify your surrounding neighbours including above & below in advance of such works (at least 24hrs) and approximate length of time these will take. Refurbishment works or works involving replacing kitchers and bathroom we ask that you speak to Estate Office staff prior to undertaking these to ensure that you are compliant with the lease as a Licence to Alter may be required in accordance with the lease dependant on the works being undertaken and also to ensure that due to the nature of noisy works distribution of letters to flats within the area of works is correctly carried out.
o Always ensure that any complaints received from your neighbours and/or in house staff in respect of noise are respected and that you rectify the cause of complaint immediately.
e No mechanical instrument, television, radio or other noise making instrument of any kind shall be played or used in the demised premises between the hours of 11pm and 8am and nor at any time so as to cause any nuisance or annoyance to any of the residents in the building and the decision of the Managing Agents as to what constitutes a nuisance or annoyance shall be final and binding on the parties.
The suggested course of action in the event of noise nuisance is for the resident, to ring the main reception desk immediately at the time of the disturbance on 0208673 8592 and staff will approach the offender on your behalf.
Please ensure that any formal complaint is made in writing to the Estate Office and every attempt will be made on your behalf to stop the nuisance.
For persistent noise offences such as loud music, despite intervention by reception staff and office staff should this persist then we advise that you ring Wandsworth Council Environmental Services on 0208871 7869 and if you leave a message and contact number (this is for staff protection) then they will call you back to assist with your problem. The Officers do have the power to remove noise making equipment and enforce orders against offenders. The calls are logged and if further action is to be taken this will be necessary as a log of events.

Download the full Du Cane Court Guide for owners and tenants October 2015

6. Building insurance

    a) The building insurance has twelve months’ cover renewable on 24 June each year. (Please see the section on making a claim for the policy excess payable)
    b) The policy covers the fabric of the building, including walls, floors (uncarpeted), and ceilings. In addition the policy covers fixtures and fittings, which are considered to be permanent. For example, fitted wardrobes and kitchen units (but no appliances), toilets, sinks, baths, doors. Please be advised that if you require to make a claim on the policy that the excess is £1000.
    This information may be used to determine whether you have adequate contents insurance which should cover, apart from your personal effects, carpets and curtains, movable items of furniture and kitchen appliances Such as Washing machines, refrigerators, cookers, etc. In addition it is necessary for all lessees to have contents insurance, in case they cause damage to other flats. (See additional insurance notes at Section 24.) In the event of a claim you may be required to pay the policy excess.
    In order to reduce the number of insurance claims there are some simple steps that residents can take.
    o Ensure that you check your stop tap annually (if you do not know where this is please contact the in-house plumber via the main reception desk, see item 26)
    o Check taps are turned off when you leave your home o Do not leave plugs in basins, baths and sinks when you go away check those connections to washing machines and dishwashers regularly as these can become loose
    o Make sure that if you are going away a key is left with main reception and that
    you leave emergency contact details with the Estate Office.
    o Do not leave running taps unattended
    o Ensure bath and shower Sealants are in good order and effective shower Screens
    or curtains are installed

    Download the full Du Cane Court Guide for owners and tenants October 2015

Du Cane Court Residents Guide

Du Cane Court

Guidelines to flat owners

This booklet has been produced in consultation with the Residents Association and the Freeholders, Dorrington Belgravia Limited. It is intended to offer assistance and guidance on a number of areas likely to concern residents at Du Cane Court. The aim is to ensure that the building is run in the most efficient manner for the safety and collective benefit of everyone.

Du Cane Court Guide for owners and tenants October 2015

1. Whom to contact
2. Selling, Sub-letting, building alterations
3. Accounting procedures & service charge
4. Key permission slips/External keys
5. Repairs to flats and alteration works
6. Building insurance
7. Nuisance and noise
8. Carpeting and wooden floors
9. Animals
10. Window dressing and laundry
11. Chute rooms/refuse collection/recycling
12. Security
13. Skips
14. Parking & Bicycle storage
15. TV Aerials & Sattelite dishes
16. In case of fire!
17. Lifts
18. Service lift
19. Boilers
20. Pest control
21. Gardens
22. Contractor guidelines
23. Plumbing liabilities
24. Insurance and liabilities
25. Freeholder policy on rent collection
26. In-house plumber
27. Du Cane Court Floor Plan
28. Additional information (council tax, water rates, electricity supply, etc)
29. Water hygiene